Distribution system operator
Gas distribution in Austria
DSO is a company responsible for the distribution of gas in a given area. It takes care of the operation, maintenance and expansion of the distribution grid as well as the connections to other networks. Its aim is to ensure that there is enough gas to meet demand.
There are currently 21 gas distribution system operators in Austria, each of which is responsible for distributing gas in their grid area, i.e. a geographically specified part of Austria.
One-Stop-Shop for all market participants
- Allocation of Energy Identification Codes (EICs)
- Services in the Login area for distribution system operators: company information changes, acceptance of suppliers in the grid, download of the operator XML with the IDs and the supplier XML with the supplier-BG assignments
- Bounce to the network access portal and to project management through single-sign-on
The AGGM Network access portal
Distribution system operators can use the AGGM Network access portal to forward grid access requests from end customers, storage operators and gas and biogas producers directly to AGGM.
Balancing group representatives (BGR) and registered network customers can book capacity at cross-border transfer points in the Eastern distribution area online in AGGM's Network access portal. BGRs can also change the allocation method for end customers (25 to 300 MWh/h).
Frequently asked Questions
- General functions: Company information changes, send message to AGGM, activity extension
- Accepting suppliers to the grid
- Download XML operator & supplier
- Single-sign-on to bounce to Network access portal & project administration
All suppliers assigned to the network are listed in the AGGM account under Admin Area > Administration > Operator. New applications are marked with a plus sign and can be opened with one click. The period can be edited in the dialogue window.
In the login area under Admin Area > Administration > Network Management, the Operator XML is offered for download.